Caseworker | Tell MAMA | Full Time | London
Tell MAMA, Caseworker Post Vacancy. This is an excellent opportunity for experienced caseworkers to work within a fast moving and dynamic area of work concerning anti-Muslim prejudice.
The main roles and responsibilities of the Case Worker include:
- Assist callers into the Tell MAMA hotline and implement effective case management and recording systems, serving as first point of contact
- Offer a ‘listening ear’ for all callers and provide advice and signposting to further sources of support or justice where beyond the remit of the project
- Implement and adhere to strict data protection procedures in accordance with the Date Protection Act and organisational policy
- Review existing cases and ensure that they are actioned and closed.
- Work together with the wider programme team to assist in the preparation of a variety of briefings, reports and research documents
- Work together with the wider team to prepare and deliver informative workshops and outreach sessions to build community awareness and confidence
- Maintain internal and external communications relative to the post including developing and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders and ensuring stakeholders are kept informed.
- Work together with the wider team to assist in the development and implementation of training sessions for volunteers and other team members as required
- Periodically attend relevant training and development sessions and conferences.
- Participate in team review sessions, one to one sessions and in audits that funding bodies may undertake.
In addition to any other duties as required.
- Excellent English communication (verbal and written) skills
- At least 12 months’ experience in a similar role
- Understanding of and empathy with victims of crime
- Ability to sensitively provide services to beneficiaries with differing language, cultural and religious backgrounds within a multicultural environment.
- Experience of liaising with statutory and non-statutory service providers on behalf of beneficiaries
- Ability to liaise with and work in partnership with other agencies, interpreters and volunteers
- Demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- Well organised with experience of working under pressure, prioritising workloads and meeting targets/deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to work on own initiative without supervision and the ability to work as team member.
- Understanding of social media platforms
- Fluency in a community language (e.g. Bengali, Punjabi, Hindi, Somali, Arabic, Urdu)
- Legal background
- Experience in counselling
- Experience of working with communities, local authorities, housing associations
- Experience within and understanding of the field of anti-Muslim hate and Islamophobia
Applications should be made with a CV and a detailed covering letter highlighting how you meet the requirements above. Applications will not be accepted without a covering letter and they should be marked for the attention of Iman Atta, Director of Tell MAMA, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.
Closing Date: June 22nd, 2023.